Small things give us the greatest pleasure in life. For example, if you see a child smiling, you instantly get lots of energy and you will also smile back and start playing with that child. It's like you're converting to Super saiyan like Goku does in Dragon Ball Z . There’s a sudden burst of positive energy in you.
No matter how much trouble you might be having in life, but for that moment you will completely forget all your problems. It is said that "Every little smile can touch somebody's heart. No one is born happy, but all of us are born with the ability to create happiness". And it's 100% true.
If we take some realistic examples which might have occurred in your life too, then you will realize that these small things really matter:
1) When you're getting ready for college, you reach into your pocket and find some money you didn't know was there. That feeling makes you feel really happy.
2) A lot of students like me have realized that, its music that makes us feel good after a long depressing day or after getting kicked out of class or after having a bad day. Who would have thought such a small activity like listening to music can make us feel good and it can be one of our greatest pleasures in life.
3) What could be better than hearing the right song at the right moment. We all have some thoughts in back of our minds and during that moment when suddenly our playlist plays a song which perfectly matches our current situation. This is such a small thing but it gives you immense pleasure which you might have experienced a lot of times.
4) When you get up in the morning and you have to go to college/office but soon you realize that you have some more time to sleep. It is not something big but this feeling gives us one of the greatest pleasure in life.
5) The feeling you get when your idea works. It is one of the best feelings and gives us a moral boost.
6) Also, making someone smile can make us happy too.
And the List goes on and on... Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.
Now, for a minute, let's think about something that you take for granted. Why do you think your mom takes care of you and does all the small things which will be beneficial to you, even after you treat her badly? You treat her like your maid or someone you're paying for doing all those things. You do things which will make your mom very sad and still she shows her love and takes care of you. Have you ever thought why? NO, because you're busy trying to impress people who don't even care whether you live or die. You're busy making friends out there and partying while the only thing she thinks of every moment while you're out is whether you are SAFE or not? Have you had something to eat? And when she calls to check on you? You feel like she is interfering in your life and you answer the call annoyed or maybe even ignore her call. This is what she gets for caring about you 24/7 and for being there in your difficult time. She does everything to make you smile. Saying a simple "Thank You" to your mom for doing so much, will not cost you anything, yet it will make her feel appreciated. Now, you may be thinking, how can a simple “thank you” make her feel like that? The answer to that is, acknowledging her work will make her feel wanted and appreciated. So, even a small "Thank You" can mean a lot to her. And to end this article, out of all those things mentioned above, my personal favorite is when I do something for my mom which can even be a very small thing and because of that, there's a smile on her face, that moment is when you will realize that one of the greatest pleasures of life are experienced in the smallest of things. So, go ahead and say Thank You to your mom right now. I guarantee, it will be one of the happiest moments in both of your lives.